Zibonele FM welcomes new Board
Written by zibonelefm on 29/01/2019
Zibonele FM has welcomed a new Board of Trustees at a Triennial General Meeting (TGM) held at Park Iinn hotel on the 19th of January 2019.
The meeting was a success with all stakeholders who were invited present along with the former board members, The TGM was facilitated by Brenda who also serves at the National Community Radio Forum (NCRF)
At a previous meeting there was a mandate given to the board to coopt a team that will work on amending the constitution and do necessary changes, as things had changed drastically at the station, Mr Vellem was tasked to present the changes and everyone was in agreement to the changes with minimal additions.
The meeting proceeded with no challenges and the new board Members were elected
Please meet our newly elected board members:
Mthetheleli Vellem – Board chairperson
- Academic qualification in sales and marketing.
- Secretary of Khayelitsha Business Forum.
- Previous radio Zibonele board deputy chairperson.
“We try to come alongside people and interact with our supporters so that they know that we see them, we’re with them, and we’re in this together.”
Gloria Mabaso – Board deputy chairperson
- Resides in Gugulethu.
- Academic qualification in events management.
- Had worked in Urban Renewal.
- Previous radio Zibonele board member.
“The Board’s role is to pull management out of the trees to see the forest.”
Xolani Holiday – Board secretary
- Academic qualification in public management.
- Former regional secretary of NUM (trade union).
“The real strategic differentiation is to create true value, look forward, not backward, and present the advanced uniqueness to shine through.”
Nophiwe Magodla – Board treasurer
- Academic qualification in building and construction.
- Currently working as CEO at Amazondi holdings.
- Originating from Cofimvaba.
“Life is a loan that we must return one day, and it is not interest free. The interest we pay is to make the world a little better than when we entered”
Loyiso Silwane – Board member
- Academic qualification in community development.
- Had worked in the department of local government.
- Currently working in the real estate.
“Leadership is about finding your unique blueprint and expressing that courageously, confidently, and vulnerably.”
As Zibonele FM team we wish all our Board Members all the best on their 3 year term and a warm welcome!