WE ARE HIRING FOR:
Reference Number: 2023/09/003
Job Title: Station Manager
Job Type: Fulltime
Experience Level: Senior Level
Workplace Type: On-site
Town / City: Cape Town
Province: Western Cape
Country: South Africa
Job Category: Community Radio Sector
Description: STATION MANAGER
Zibonele FM is the community radio station (NGO) in Cape Peninsula, over the 26 years in existence it has demonstrated unwavering commitment to the delivery of its mandate through showcasing content aimed at informing, educating, and entertaining its audiences through its programs. Zibonele FM is licensed by the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) and required to adhere to their respective license conditions and the provisions of the Broadcasting Act as well as the Broadcasting Charter.
Zibonele FM is seeking to employ a Station Manager. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a professional ability to meet the demanding needs of the community radio media industry and be experienced in delivering quality projects on time and within budget. This position requires a solution – driven individual with attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task between various campaigns and productions running simultaneously – “no task too big or too small”. Salary commensurate with experience. This position will report to the Zibonele FM Executive Board.
- Post Grad in the following fields- Communication/ Marketing/ Public Relations/ Journalism & Media Studies or equivalent
- 5-10 years proven working experience in radio media environment at supervisory level.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Computer Literate (MS Office Suite)
- Advanced experience in the development of policies and implementation strategies.
- Knowledge of policies and governance environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the monitoring of performance management development systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the community radio administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of the community radio environment especially the policies and relevant legislation.
- Strong knowledge of broadcasting marketing principles, strategies, and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in managing advertising campaigns and working with external agencies.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent Communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Knowledge of the Radio Industry, programme styles, and audience demographics.
- A thorough knowledge of legislation, and regulations on the Radio Industry.
- Business and finance skills.
- Sound editorial judgment, Creativity and analytical thinking.
- Engage and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders/roleplayers to promote Zibonele FM.
- People Management & Empowerment.
- Manage, identify, and monitor effective programs to increase listenership.
- Ensure the Financial sustainability of the Station.
- Coordinate all Zibonele FM work streams.
- Compile reports and advise the board on governance issues.
- Overseeing of development and implementation of high-quality, cutting-edge content for multiple station’s platforms in line with the Zibonele FM Programming Strategies.
Ensure repurposed content is broadcast on the station’s platform.
- Oversee the implementation of the image and positioning of the brand across station’s platforms.
- Ensure data integrity on both the station platforms, including the station’s website and social media platforms.
- Management of multiple and diverse projects in line with Station strategy.
- Conduct research utilizing the station’s platforms as well as other credible platforms.
- Translate business goals and objectives into actionable and measurable broadcasting campaigns.
- Work in conjunction with Programming, Marketing, and Sales to achieve programming objectives.
- Manage delivery and performance of suppliers through effective Service Level Agreements.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders about any challenges and proposals.
- Provide detailed reports on the performance of platforms.
- Manage the performance of the team according to the approved Zibonele FM Performance management system.
Coach and mentor junior employees and direct reports.
Email cv to: email@example.com
Or Contact +27 60 554 7150